Monday, December 29, 2008

Motivation is Motivation

Oh the pear shape woes. Every time I think I'm starting to accept all this pearness, I catch myself in the mirror at the wrong angle or see myself in a picture, ass first. It's so frustrating. It also doesn't help that my running partner has a much, MUCH smaller butt.

The upside of this though, is that this small but significant fact gives me all the motivation I need to stay ahead of her on our runs. This way I don't spend 6 whole miles being tortured by her small and perky toosh.

On another note, I'm finally either starting to overcome my fatigue, or my body is getting better at adapting to it. My maintenance run the other day was kind of tough but I'm looking forward to my 5 miles today.

For December it seems like a pretty nice day out, maybe even warmer than during my 6 mile run last weekend. I also think my weight training is starting to pay off, I really feel like my legs are getting stronger. It's especially noticeable on the hills.

I'm trying to talk myself into another strength training class tonight after my run. If one of my goals for 2009 is to get into scuba diving, that means I'll also have to get into a scuba suit. Worse, it means that at some point next year, I will have to actually wear a swimsuit...IN PUBLIC. Just the thought of that makes me want to get up and do squats right now. I have't worn a swim suit since I was 16...and I'm almost 29.

So, if signing up for a half marathon, being forced to run with someone with a smaller tookas and visualizing myself in a swimsuit sometime in the next 6 months doesn't motivate me...I don't know what will.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! I answered your question regarding the tip I used for my frosting over there, but I thought I would drop by and let you know. (Either 2D or 1M tips work for that type of decorating.)

And don't worry so much about having a pear shape! It's actually better in the long run (you're at a lower risk for diabetes and other diseases!), lucky!